Re: Resolution and bit depth

Subject: Re: Resolution and bit depth
From: philippe tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 01:12:05 MST

Zach Marano wrote:

> I've just installed YDL 1.2.1 and can't get the bit depth to go above 8.
> It's not a big deal, but one would think it would work. Also, is there any
> way to use a kernal argument with yaboot. I know it can be done with BootX
> but I have a New World machine.

a kernel argument goes with the other Yaboot blah blah. Here is what
gets me 24-bit color on an iMac DV SE (new world) running CS 1.2.1.
Vmode sets the resolution. Do a man vmode in a console to get an idea
which resolution you might want to use.

image=hd:8,\\vmlinux
novideo
label=linux_24
root=/dev/hda11
append="video=aty128fb:vmode:16,cmode:24"

pax

philippe