Re: kernels, modules, and appletalk

Subject: Re: kernels, modules, and appletalk
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 06:42:37 MST

Philippe,

Have you tried enabling appletalk support under 'Network device
Support>Appletalk devices' in the kernel config?

I also have some software than needs 'Packet socket' support compiled in.
You may have a similar sort of problem where some program or other expects
to find these extra network functions built in to the kernel.

FYI, in the past I found that one of the Yellow Dog kernels (CS1.2) wouldn't
build with the support I needed whereas the standard kernel would.

  Iain