Minimal disk space for Yellowdog/KDE?

Subject: Minimal disk space for Yellowdog/KDE?
From: Jim Kroger (kroger@Princeton.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 16:21:10 MST

I want to install Yellowdog Linux on my PPC 6400/180. I have a 1.6
gig drive, which I hope to use for my MacOS, a 1.1 gig drive, which I
hope to put Linux on, and a 9 gig external I'd like to keep for
backup.

All I want to do is learn to program with
Linux/XWindows/Qt/KDE/C++/OpenGL. I will write an app that calculates
on a small data file and graphically displays the result. I will not
need fancy themes or whatever, nor will I install any applications,
games, inits, utilities, etc. that are not essential to my
programming exercises. I would like to try the Codewarrior beta, and
KDevelop, and Emacs to select an environment.

Can I get by using the 1.1 gig drive for
Linux/XFree86/Qt/KDE/C++/OpenGL? *MUST* I use the 1.6 or even the 9
gig?

Thanks
--J

re: Minimal disk space for Yellowdog/KDE?
James K. Kroger, Ph.D.
Center for the Study of Brain, Mind, and Behavior
Department of Psychology
3-N-4D Green Hall
Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544-1010, USA