Re: usb mouse error on startx

Subject: Re: usb mouse error on startx
From: Steve Gula (loco3kgt@creepingdeath.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 20:31:04 MST

on 11/16/00 2:39 PM, Jim Potter at jrp@wvi.com wrote:

> I've just rsync'ed the latest kernel from
> ppc.linuxcare.com::linux-pmac-stable,
> and when compiled and run on a new MP G4 machine, startx fails with a "Cannot
> open mouse" error. The machine has this summer's optical usb mouse &
> keyboards, and usb support apears to be config'ed in. What am I doing wrong?
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Jim Potter
> 45th Parallel Processing
> jrp@wvi.com

cd /dev
mkdir usb
cd usb
mknod c 13 63 usbmouse0

vi /etc/X11/XF86Config
find mouse device and change it to /dev/usb/usbmouse0
And make sure the protocol is right. I have a Logitech mouse w/ wheel, so I
use IMPS/2 . to make it work in the console try ' gpm -t imps2 -m
/dev/usb/usbmouse0 ' if you use a mouse with a mousewheel.

--Steve "Loco3KGT" Gula