Re: Please help a newbie!!!!!

Subject: Re: Please help a newbie!!!!!
chris@music.mcgill.ca
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 09:09:56 MST

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Erick Curtis wrote:
>I am trying to install Linux on the master drive. The problem is I
>select all the packages to install and when I get into Linux the system
>hangs or freezes while making the EXT 2 file system.

Hi Erick

 My guess is that you didn't reboot after writing the partition table.
What you need to do, is edit the partition table (with the tool provided
by the installer - probably fdisk if you have MacOS partitions), reboot,
go through the install process without making any changes to it the second
time (just select done when it shows you the drive). Is this what you did?

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Chris