Re: Full Installation

Subject: Re: Full Installation
From: Jonathan Bertsch (jonathan@osu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 10:31:46 MST

> I want to use all my HD to install Linux inside, so by this way, what I want
> is to get Linux on my apple alone whithout any other OS inside.
> Does anyone know if that is possible and in case of true, which one is the
> way to do that.
> Thank you.

You are going to have to use yaboot if you want to do that. Yaboot can run
without the Mac operating system. I don't know what system your running
but I'm pretty sure you need to re-partition so that the Mac OS is in hfs
not hfs+ and then re-install Mac OS, and then install linux and you can
then use the hfs partition. Thats my guess, but there might be a better
way of trying it...

--
Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu