Re: installing onto slave IDE drive

Subject: Re: installing onto slave IDE drive
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 13:01:14 MST

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Erick Curtis wrote:

> I already tried that, any other ideas? Can you install YDL on a slave ID
> drive?

Yes, you can. We've suggested that you may have to "verify blocks"
checkbox checked when formatting; this will make it take a loooong time,
and since there is no feedback it may look like it's crashed.

Try switching to another virtual console (cmd-F1 .. F5) to verify that it
has not crashed.

After installation you will need to modify your yaboot.conf to change
"hd:" to "ultra1:".

-Hollis