Re: installing onto slave IDE drive

Subject: Re: installing onto slave IDE drive
From: Jim Potter (jrp@wvi.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 13:33:34 MST

I don't have a "root = " line in my yaboot.conf file; in fact, I've never seen the
entries in the yaboot.conf file work for me -- and I always manually type things in
-- in OF: "boot ultra1:,\\yaboot" and in yaboot: "ultra1:,\\vmlinux".

It's a pain, and automating it would be nice. Also being able to boot from a slave
drive would be nice, so that I can leave my MacOSX drive in there, too; they ALSO
need to be on the master drive, and changing drives out makes for a limited drive
life.

BTW, I'm running on a recent 500 mhz dual-G4 unit.

--
Sincerely,

Jim Potter 45th Parallel Processing jrp@wvi.com