Re: Start with yaboot

Subject: Re: Start with yaboot
From: Jonathan Bertsch (jonathan@osu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 22:06:09 MST

> Every time I start my computer to use linux I need to open the firmware
> prompt an type:
>
> setenv boot-device hd:10,bootinfo
> setenv boot-command boot
> boot hd:10,yaboot
>

> and then type linux
>
> Is there any other way to sstart GNU/Linux without doing everytime the same
> wihtout using MacOs also.

Well if the first line you type correctly points to the bootinfo file,
then from what I have read holding the spacebar down before the chime ends
should boot up yaboot instead of mac os. If you want your computer to boot
into linux everytime without the space bar, in openfirmware type:

setenv boot-device hd:10,yaboot
setenv boot-command boot

if you find you don't like that simply zap the pram by holding ctrl-open
apple-p-r when you first boot the computer...

--
Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu