Re: DSL Configuration

Subject: Re: DSL Configuration
From: Pablo Fernandez (spifflinux@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 20:19:20 MST

Hello Yellow Dog users...

I have had several problems with DHCO and ADSL
connection over my YDLinux OS...

Firstable I had detected that dhcp client and daemon
were not installed. So i decided to installed them.
Now I have a question for you guys... is that normal
that everytime i shutdown my system I have to
configure and enable my DHCP configuration running
linuxconf? I mean everytime I boot Yellow Dog my
domain name is not what I saved and when I try to ping
an internet address I have to write this in the
terminal window to get response, and see a default
gateway

# dhcpcd -B

and then

# route

That dhcpcd option requests connection with the DHCP
adsl server... where could be the problem any hints or
ideas?

Thanks have a nice week...

Regards

Pablo