Re: Mysterious Network Traffic

Subject: Re: Mysterious Network Traffic
From: John T Chapman (dreamline@mac.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 12:17:55 MST

From: "Bob Wynne" <rdw@plaza.ds.adp.com>
> The DSL is on another Mac running IPNetRouter as a router and firewall. I
> do have port 80 mapped to the YD machine, but since Apache is active
whether
> I'm in Gnome or not I don't see how the traffic can be web server
activity.

> How do I figure out what is going on? Is there a tool I can use to figure

If I'm not mistaken, the IPNetRouter also has some pretty detailed logs that
should be able to help diagnose this. It is doing port-address translation
and should be keeping a state table. It's probably also doing some sort of
"hide" NAT for outbound traffic and should be keeping a state table for all
of those connections as well.

Good luck!