PalmPilot syncing via USB

Subject: PalmPilot syncing via USB
From: Victor Danilchenko (danilche@cs.umass.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 13:15:46 MST

        Hi,
        Has anyone managed to get the PalmPilot to sync via the
USB-to-serial converter that comes with 3COM's Pilots? I've been trying
for a while, with no luck -- the PalmPilot is simply sitting there
waiting for a sync, the gnome-pilot setup is sitting there waiting to
sync for the first time, and absolutely nothing else (besides a timeout)
happens. I tried linking /dev/pilot to /dev/ttyUSB1 and /dev/ttyUSB2,
with no results (it's plugged into the second USB port)

        Any clues?

        Thanks in advance.

--
|  Victor  Danilchenko  | Of course my password is the same as    |
| danilche@cs.umass.edu | my pet's name. My macaw's name was      |