lib and X problems

Subject: lib and X problems
From: Ole Kristoffer Apeland (oleap@student.matnat.uio.no)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 04:52:52 MST

Hi im a newbee who recently installed YDL 1.2.1, and im experiencing some
difficulties.
First of all, could anyone tell me where to get hold of libz.so.1 I have
tried to do a install of all the *lib* rpms -but whitout any luck......

Secondly X will not start. I get this error message that it does not
support vmode 246, and that somethig has been misallocated in my rage128
videoboard(and that libz.so.1 is missing). This happens all the time
despite all my attempts to use XFConfigurator (and or manually configure
the XConfig).

Ole K. Apeland (oleap@student.matnat.uio.no)