Re: installing onto slave IDE drive

Subject: Re: installing onto slave IDE drive
From: Jim Potter (jrp@wvi.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 11:39:14 MST

Yes, and I think I've been through all of the yaboot.conf and bootscript
issues; the kernel loads but panics when it cannot mount the root fs:

request_module[block-major-8]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01

Hey, do I need to screw around with /etc/fstab (etc) before shutting down and
reconfiguring the drive drom master to slave? Does the fstab file get used
on shutdown, and won't it make for tricky booting if done wrong?

--
Sincerely,

Jim Potter 45th Parallel Processing jrp@wvi.com