Re: installing onto slave IDE drive

Subject: Re: installing onto slave IDE drive
From: Jim Potter (jrp@wvi.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 11:39:04 MST

OK Hollis, I've changed my fstab file to reflect the master -> slave jumper change
(hda -> hdb). This still doesn't boot as a slave drive, and now it won't boot as
the master drive, either; it finds the incorrect fstab file and tries to mount
swap and root on hdb.

I've run fsck.

How, Exactly, Does One Change Back The Fstab File In A Read-Only FileSystem, So
That The System Will Boot?

--
Sincerely,

Jim Potter 45th Parallel Processing 503.769.9138 jrp@wvi.com