Re: mod_auth_mysql

Subject: Re: mod_auth_mysql
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 10:01:53 MST

Try PHP4, or PHP3 with PHPLIB.
PHPLIB works with PHP and mysql to do session management and authentication (and
a bunch of other stuff) in a pretty easy-to-use manner. PHP4 now has its own
functions that do that, so you may choose to skip PHPLIB.(Actually I use PHP4
with PHPLIB, but that's just because I installed PHPLIB under PHP3 and am too
lazy to port all my stuff)
You'll have to compile PHP with mysql support, and recompile apache with PHP
support (unless you went the DSO route when you first compiled it...)
http://www.php.net
http://phplib.netuse.de/
Both have active mailing lists.

On 11/24/00 at 11:07 AM, i.djilianov@ulpia.com (Ivailo Djilianov) wrote:

> Hi,
> has anyone had any success compiling mod_auth_mysql on a YDL machine. I know
> this probably is not distribution- or hardware- specific (lots of folks with
> intel hadrware and other Linux distros have had the same problems), but I
> need a method of authenticating web users against a database, and I bump
> into this make errors all the time...
> If somebody has had any success with mysql + apache + mod_auth_mysql, please
> share it with us. Other setup suggestions also welcomed...
>
> Thansk in advance,
>
> Ivailo Djilianov
> --
> System Administrator
> Ulpia Investment Management Inc.
> Contact: +3592 9808037, 9800489
> http://www.ulpia.com
> email: i.djilianov@ulpia.com

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>
dba Windhorse Studio * Maps & Information Design

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."