Re: Building KDE2 Current Status

Subject: Re: Building KDE2 Current Status
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 12:41:27 MST

Hey Patrick - how are you doing with this?
I've built qt and some of kde, but had to rerun make on a number of occasions.
The weirdest thing is that somehow I just broke my compiler. When configuring
kdeutils, the configure script complained that the C++ compiler could not create
executables! This is after a full day of compiling stuff more or less
successfully yesterday.
I just reinstalled all the gcc stuff from the CD (glad I bought one!) and now
it's back in order, but I can't figure out what happened.
KDE is sorta working, but Konqueror crashes when run by anyone other than root -
will check permissions after I get some of these lesser packages installed.
How's it going for you?

On 11/23/00 at 1:14 AM, pac1@tiac.net (Patrick Callahan) wrote:

> qt-2.1.1 is built
> kdesupport is built (docs say it must be built first)
> kdelibs is built - stopped in the middle but restarted without getting the
same
> error.
>

> Build script for qt:
> #!/bin/sh
> # buildqt.sh
> rpm -Uvh /downloads/qt-2.2.1-1a.src.rpm
> cd /usr/lib
> tar -xvf /usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/kdelibs-2.0.tar
> cd /usr/lib/qt-2.2.1
> patch -p1 </usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/qt-no-exceptions.patch
> export QTDIR=$PWD
> ../configure -sm -gif -system-jpeg -no-opengl
> make
>
> build script for kde2
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # buildkde.sh
> function kdepkg () {
> rpm -Uvh /downloads/${1}-2.0-1a.src.rpm
> bzip2 -d /usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/${1}-2.0.tar.bz2
> cd /usr/src
> tar -xvf /usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/${1}-2.0.tar
> rm -f /usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/${1}-2.0.tar.bz2
> rm -f usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/${1}-2.0.tar
> export KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde2/
> export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.2.1
> cd /usr/src/${1}-2.0
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> ./configure --enable-debug
> make clean
> make
> make install
> }
>
> kdepkg kdesupport
> kdepkg kdelibs
> # not yetkdepkg kdelibs-devel
> # not yet kdepkg kdelibs-sound
> kdepkg kdebase
> kdepkg kdegrapics
> kdepkg kdeadmin
> kdepkg kdepim
> kdepkg kdoc
> kdepkg kdetoys
> kdepkg kdenetwork
> kdepkg kdoc
> kdepkg koffice

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>
dba Windhorse Studio * Maps & Information Design

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."