Re: netatalk woes

Subject: Re: netatalk woes
From: Zach Marano (list@hernect.dhs.org)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 11:49:54 MST

Oh. Someone named philippe helped me with that. Here's what he wrote,and it
worked:

I also had a terrible time getting classic AppleTalk (the atalkd daemon)
to work. This *may* help. if you've installed and configured Netatalk
and afpd is working but atalkd is not you might try (as root) the
command

root# sbin/insmod appletalk

(and if that loads the appletalk module (try bash$ /sbin/lsmod to see
the list of all running modules) works, write that command into the
beginning of your /etc/rc.d/atalk executable, and then launch appletalk
with

root# /etc/rc.d/init/d/atalk start

I've put that command, perhaps unnecessarily, into my /etc/rc.d/rc.local
file.

There's something a little screwy with the Red Hat 6.2 netatalk; it
doesn't load the module automatically. Or so I hear.

philippe