Newbie: startx shared libraries error...

Subject: Newbie: startx shared libraries error...
From: Jonathan Simms (jonathansimms@mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 22:17:00 MST

hi,

I installed Yellow Dog Linux 1.2.1 kernel v 2.2.16 (i think). everything
went in smoother than a...well, typical windows 2000 installation...

The only problem (so far...it is the first day) is that when I type in
'startX' as root in the directory /root, I get an error message saying

"error in loading shared libraries"

I know that XConfigurator is set up properly...what am I doing wrong? If it
helps, I'd like to eventually use KDE, and I think that YDLinux is set up
with KDE as the default.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just so you know I don't know the
difference between sbin, bin, usr, dev, and a chocolate milkshake...

(okay, okay, even *I* know not to drink the *dev* directory...) <joke>

Thanks in advance!
Jonathan