3400 and PCMCIA card

Subject: 3400 and PCMCIA card
From: Martin Reed (martin@oldbakery.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 13:42:38 MST

Hi! Having just installed a freshly minted copy of YDL 1.2.1 on an
abandoned 3400 I hope nobody minds a couple of questions, please. BTW,
install went very smoothly, much impressed.

I actually have a mad scheme to use this 3400 as a router/firewall.
However, this rather depends on whether I can get a Psion Dacom PCMCIA
ISDN card to work. First off, am I likely to get anywhere with this
approach? Typically the card looks like a pseudo Hayes "AT" modem.

Secondly, when I tried last night to ease this PCMCIA card in to the
3400 it seemed like it was getting physically wedged in the card slot (I
tried both). I chickened out at 80% insertion and yanked it back out
(took a fair bit of finger tip force). I really know very little about
PCMCIA card compatibility with a 3400, comments welcome (or where I
should look for h/w info).

thanks,
        Martin Reed <martin@oldbakery.net>