Re: Sound on iMac DV400

Subject: Re: Sound on iMac DV400
From: Jonathan Bertsch (jonathan@osu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 12:57:44 MST

> Ok, I've read everything I can find and I still can't make a sound. Anyone
> have any suggestions? I can insert Audio CDs and I can use various programs
> to view the contents and even play them but alas...no sound for me. Do I not
> have something configured? As for system sounds, they're a no go as well.

I don't have an iMac, but I remember from somewhere(this list I
think) that cds canot play at all due to some digital hardware stuff apple
is now using, but you can get the latest kernel from:

http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/

and you should be able to have system sounds(also mp3s via xmms).

--
Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu