RE: Black screen on start up - Solved

Subject: RE: Black screen on start up - Solved
From: COLIN COMOLLATTI (c.comollatti@cqu.edu.au)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 18:54:50 MST

G'Day All

First I would like to thank Jonathan Bertsch for the suggestions.

Everything now boots how I like it.

Changing the Open Firmware setting did not fix my problem. However, after
changing yaboot.conf problem solved. I have not narrower it down to which
change in yaboot.conf fixed the problem, because I made the all of the
suggested changes.

When I find out I will pass it on.

My yaboot config now looks like this, without comments:

> init-message="\nWelcome to Yellow Dog Linux!\nHit <TAB> for boot
> options.\n\n"
> timeout = 50 # changed time-out to timeout
> default = linux # added this line
>
> image = hd:9,vmlinux
> label = linux
> root = /dev/hda11

Spaces have also been added around the "=" too.

I also changed Open Firmware to the following:

   setenv boot-device hd:yaboot # removed the "," after the ":"
   setenv boot-command boot

Thank You for your time

Colin Comollatti

Educational Design and Multimedia Unit
Distance and Flexible Learning Centre
Central Queensland University

Phone: +61 7 4930 9303
Fax: +61 7 4930 9045
E-Mail: c.comollatti@cqu.edu.au

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution of copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by facsimile or
telephone.