Bladeenc MP3 encoder worked for me.

Subject: Bladeenc MP3 encoder worked for me.
From: Nixon Morada (nixonm@nethere.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 22:09:31 MST

I was able tried to compile bladeenc by usual methods of configure,
make, make install. I had the same problem as you did.

Then I read the directions carefully. You need to config the host
type. It took me a little while to figure out how to do it. I don't
remember the specifics, but in one of the files I remember a list of
possible systems and I just replaced the i86 designation with a
appropriate PPC one.

The key is read the INSTALL file.

Nixon