Re: Xlib/server problem

Subject: Re: Xlib/server problem
From: Alfonso AGNEW (aagnew@post.cis.smu.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 10:29:54 MST

Stefan,

A correction is in order. My original problem now appears to be two
separate problems: one in the case running clients as root (via su from a
nonuser account); and one in the case of running kmail as a normal user.
Alex's suggestion solved the problem when I su to root. However, kmail as a
nonroot user still won't spawn a window, yet the process exists. No other
xclient that I use has this problem, so I figure this is a kmail/kde issue
(or my configuration of it).

Just thought I'd clear that up!

Thanks,

Alfonso