Re: Dynamic IP address

Subject: Re: Dynamic IP address
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 02:10:24 MST

... I use fetchmail to get mail and diald to start up a dial-in ISDN
connection to my ISP. This works very well. However, you may encounter a
problem with Mac modem ports and diald (as I did) - there is a thread on
this in the diald mailing lists. The easiest solution is to use /dev/cua0
rather than /dev/ttyS0 (I know someone will point out this is no longer the
approved way but the alternative is to patch pppd).

  Iain