Problems booting CD on iBook Dual USB

Subject: Problems booting CD on iBook Dual USB
From: Bill Vinson (billvinson@mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 02:08:05 MST

Okay, I have now tried to burn cds for Yellow Dog 2.0, Mandrake 8.0,
Debian PPC, and Linux PPC. The only one that would sort of boot is
Linux PPC and it hung but at least it started booting. The others just
continued to boot from the harddrive. I have tried holding down the 'c'
and using OpenFirmware. I just can't believe that many CDs went bad. I
don't know quite what to try. I got laid off recently so until I get a
job I am not buying any official CDs :) It just seems odd that they are
all failing. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what to try
next? I am a big fan of Debian but Yellow Dog looks quite nice. Any
way to check the CD to find out what is going wrong? Only one of the
Debian CD's would mount in Mac OS X, the YDL and Mandrake were never
even recognized as being there. I am just running into a brick wall on
this one. BTW, these were all burned on an x86 Redhat system with
cdrecord if that matters :)

Thanks,
Bill