Opinion?? Version 2.0?

Subject: Opinion?? Version 2.0?
From: Michael Cozzi (cozzi@cozziconsulting.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 04:57:38 MST

    Hi all,

    Have not been too active on this list... but have been watching since
1.2 was released.

    I tried version 1.2 when it was released and sort of "vetoed" it since I
could not get it stable on some older hardware.

    However, with 2.0 this may be another story.

    So I'm wondering, is the 2.0 version ready for a production server?

    Currently I have a biege G3 tower (466Mhz 66Mhz FSB) which is running
ASIP and as a simple page server/primary DNS, my cgi processing and
secondary DNS is sitting on a Redhat 7.1 box. Would it make sense to move to
YDL on the Mac server for the following:

    1. Primary DNS

    2. Page serving

    3. MX service?

    4. Webmin

    That is basically all the primary box has to do. I know it's not much,
But I would hate to tear down the current machine without some feedback from
people who know: "You".

    Thanks for any feedback. It is appreciated.

--
Michael Cozzi
Senior Systems Engineer