PB G3, YDL 2.4.12a, & Sound--Do they play together?

Subject: PB G3, YDL 2.4.12a, & Sound--Do they play together?
From: Bob Beaton (bob@keyengine.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 10:39:04 MST

Hi,

I've tried to get clear on the situation regarding support for sound on a
Powerbook G3 running YDL 2.4.12a from the archives of this list, but I can't
seem to find the answer. Can someone tell me if YDL 2.4.12a (or other kernel
version) supports sound on a G3 Powerbook (Wallstreet version)? I've got the
OS installed cleanly, but it doesn't want to initialize the sound driver:
/dev/dsp. Hopefully I've just overlooked something simple.

Many thanks!
Bob Beaton