Re: Problems booting CD on iBook Dual USB

Subject: Re: Problems booting CD on iBook Dual USB
From: nathan hruby (nhruby@arches.uga.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 14:27:53 MST

On 11/2/01 4:12 PM, "Malayil Philip George" <georgemp@mac.com> wrote:

> hi,
> does cdrecord support HFS file systems? maybe this is the
> problem...on the pc side nero will and maybe the latest version of easy
> cd-creator pro. if mac os x isn't recognizing the discs i guess it's
> because of a burn error. but, if u are burning iso's they shoudl burn
> fine on a pc....u might have trouble with HFS/ISO hybrid images

No, so long as you ISO image is good, the burning software just does a bit
for bit copy from ISO to CD (including blank space).

If you're running linux on a machine (somewhere I think in this thread it
was stated the taosting machine was a linux x86 box, no?) you can
preemptively mount the cd to check it with:
mount -o loop -t iso9660 image.iso /path/to/mount/point

Also check the md5 keys of the iso's to what you have via:
md5sum image.iso

(If you don't have md5sums and they're not on ftp.yellowdoglinux.com, LMK
and I can generate sums for ponoma*.iso from mine)

-n

--
nathan r. hruby
uga drama & theatre