YDL 2.1 will not boot on my iBook Dual USB (ISO Questions)

Subject: YDL 2.1 will not boot on my iBook Dual USB (ISO Questions)
From: Bill Vinson (billvinson@mac.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 19:15:40 MST

Ok, you probably all know the joy I have been having with ppc linux
distros from my last e-mails :) Well, I downloaded YDL 2.1 from the
ibiblio mirror and checked its MD5. Everything looks good. Burned the
cd with the following command on RedHat x86 Linux 'cdrecord -v dev=4,0
speed=4 fuji-whatever.iso'. Things look good. Hold down 'c' and it
starts to boot of cd and dumps me into OpenFirmware with a message about
catch failed. I did notice that the CD will mount under mac os x as an
hfs partition, but when I go into the /YellowDog/ppc directory there is
nothing there?

Questions:

1) Can anyone confirm that burning an iso on x86 Linux with cdrecord
works fine for bootable cds?
2) If #1 is true, then are there any other command options I am missing?
3) What to try next?