What's with the ISO?

Subject: What's with the ISO?
From: Ronald Hale-Evans (rwhe@ludism.org)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 21:57:08 MST

Bill Vinson is not the only one having problems with the ISO. I
downloaded the Fuji 2.1 ISO this evening and loaded the disk image
with the latest version of Apple Disk Copy (6.3?), but I couldn't get
it to burn for sex or money. I have tried three separate download
locations (yellowdoglinux.com, linuxberg.com, and ibiblio.org), and
three different CD burning programs (Discribe 4.5, iTunes 1.1, and
Toast 4.1.3 OEM). All of the programs gave me a message along the
lines of "The file 'x11fs.image' could not be accessed. (Data fork,
-36.)" Discribe said the file was missing or damaged. All three
programs agreed the problem was with the file x11fs.image.

And another thing: why is the disk image only 18 megs long? The 2.0
image was almost 700 megs, as you would expect. Have compression
techniques _really_ gotten that good in the past few months, or did
somebody screw up somewhere?

WTF?!,

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@ludism.org & rwhe@apocalypse.org
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,