Can't get YD 2.1 to install

Subject: Can't get YD 2.1 to install
From: Dan Calhoun (dcalhoun15@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 21:59:50 MST

Got another 64 mb chip for my 8500 as I was only at 64 to start... thought
that was causing random lockups, nah that wasn't it... I have an 8500/604e
200mhz/128 mb ram/1 - 4.5 gb HD partitioned 1/2 to Mac HFS+ and the other
1/2 unallocated for YD 2.1. I have spent the entire evening watching the
install bar traverse across the screen and then at odd times lock up, mouse
will not move means lock up. Restart, re partiton, try to reinstall and same
shit. I have one other alternative is try and shuffle ram to different
locations and see if I can get around the freezes. If that doesn't work then
screw YDL/Linux for this mac. I can't afford to play with my real work
machines because they are used for my classroom administration. THis mac is
a spare unit and has been rock solid system wisw with 81,8.5, 8.6 and 9.1 .
Truthfully I have yet to meet one person that uses Linux of any sort as a
desktop OS, most set up a server of some sort and walk away from

DanC