Re: Can't get YD 2.1 to install

Subject: Re: Can't get YD 2.1 to install
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 22:58:16 MST

Hi - Is the lock up truly occurring at random locations? I had
something similar occur with an older distribution and it turned
out to be a bad CD. However as I recall the system locked up
about the same spot each time. If you are not already doing so,
you might want to try a minimal install; if the problem is due
to the CD, you might get lucky and miss the bad spot(s). If
there is evidence that it is a bad CD, I am sure TSS would be
willing to replace the CD.

Jim

Dan Calhoun's bits of Fri, 2 Nov 2001 translated to: