Re: wallstreet/lombard question

Subject: Re: wallstreet/lombard question
From: dano (dano@well.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 01:03:12 MST

At 11:47 PM -0700 on 11/2/01, Jim Cole wrote:
> >Also, I was hoping someone could direct me to a reliable place to
>>purchase some memory for a 333MHz `99 PBook. I am being told by every
>
>I normally buy from Crucial (http://www.crucial.com/). However
>when I last upgraded my Lombard (same model as yours) I found
>that, at least at that time, Crucial stocked only 64 MB SODIMM's.
>I needed a 128 MB and a 256 MB. I ended up purchasing the RAM
>from ClubMac (www.clubmac.com). That was a couple months ago and
>I have had no problems since installing the RAM.

Both recommendations are good. There are other good places also. The
best place to check RAM prices in general is
<http://www.ramseeker.com/>. They don't sell it, they just list the
current prices from nearly all the major resellers and manufacturers
that also retail.
(Including the aforementioned Crucial and Chip Merchant, as well as
my current favorite DMS.)

(the other) Dan

--
Sure the pen is mightier than the sword, but only because you can get
it through metal detectors.  -Mike Hayward