Re: modem on iBook2001

Subject: Re: modem on iBook2001
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 07:24:14 MST

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Richard Weltman wrote:

> I'm new to linux, and don't really know where
> to start with it. I think what would help would
> be to know whether it's a problem with YDL on
> iBooks, or a straightfoward getting-a-modem-to-work-
> with-linux thing. RTFMs gratefully received !

It's a particular problem to the iBook 2001.

Now - I don't know about why it it is LOCKING UP. I do know that I've
gotten my modem to work in my iBook 2001.

The big secret is to set the modem volume to OFF.

You'll probably have to wait for somebody else with 2.1 and a YDL kernel
to confirm whether or not theirs is crashing.

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net