Re: What's with the ISO?

Subject: Re: What's with the ISO?
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 10:29:50 MST

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Bill Vinson wrote:
>No, not for me as I found it on iBiblio at 677+ megs earlier and the
>md5sum was right. It has now been resynced with yellowdog and is only
>18 megs. Don't know what happened, but I don't think this is the
>problem I am having.

 Well, I've been trying to rsync YDL so that I could take a load off their
server and mirror it on mine. rsync would barf every time it got to the
fuji install ISO. So, I manually ftp'd it and excluded it from the rsync,
afterwards rsync barfed on:

yellowdog-2.0/ppc/install/x11fs.image
unexpected tag 92
unexpected EOF in read_timeout

 Looks like there is a data problem on their server.

 I'll try to burn the ISO I managed to ftp, and see if it works. If so,
I'll setup links to the mirror on my server. If not, I'll wait until it is
fixed by Terra Soft.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

Tel.: (514) 398-3122 Fax: (514) 398-2017