Powerbook G4 rev. 2 (550MHz) problems with X

Subject: Powerbook G4 rev. 2 (550MHz) problems with X
From: Winston Chang (winston@stdout.org)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 14:49:04 MST

I managed to get YDL 2.1 installed on my shiny new Powerbook G4, but I'm
having some problems with X.

X only works in 8-bit color, but there seems to be a palette problem.
White is mapped to blue, and the colors are garish in general. Does YDL
have proper support for the Mobility Radeon? The 'fbset' command seems
unable to set it anything other than 8 bit color. Will a new kernel or
a new version of XFree86 fix this problem?

Thanks,
--Winston Chang