Re: jaz drive questions

Subject: Re: jaz drive questions
From: Mark Brethen (marbre@dhcp-159-66)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 16:24:16 MST

On Saturday 03 November 2001 12:30, nathan hruby wrote:

> # You can use any mount points you'd like, these are for ease for my poor
> # addled mind sometimes
> /dev/sdc /mnt/jaz/hfs hfs noauto,rw,user 0 0
> /dev/sdc /mnt/jaz/ext2 ext2 noauto,rw,user 0 0
> /dev/sdc /mnt/jaz/dos msdos noauto,rw,user 0 0
>
> # mount the ext2 partition on the Jaz
> mount /mnt/jaz/ext2
>
> # mount the hfs partition on the Jaz
> mount /mnt/jaz/hfs
>
> Etc....

Thanks, that does it. However, when I try to eject a disk using 'eject
/mnt/jaz/hfs', I get the following response:

eject: unable to eject, last error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

using 'eject /dev/sdc' I get:

eject: unable to find or open device for: `/dev/sdc'

any thoughts on this? The manual entry says that if eject does not work, it
is most likely a limitation of the kernel driver for the device and not the
eject program itself.

> Also look into autofs (man autofs should tell you everything you need to
> know), which will automatically mount the drive whenever you use it,
> useful if you're flipping Jaz carts around a lot. Less load then the
> tradtional amd. It's easy to setup and should be compiled into the kernel
> already. Also handy for floppies :)
>
> -n

I dont have a manual entry for autofs. What now?

--

Mark Brethen mbrethen@rochester.rr.com