Re: YellowDog 2.1 ISO image

Subject: Re: YellowDog 2.1 ISO image
From: andu (undo@cloud9.net)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 12:01:39 MST

James Turner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have just downloaded the YellowDog 2.1 ISO image and burnt it to a CD
> using cdrecord under Redhat on an Intel machine. However, although this
> CD seems to have been burnt sucessfully (I can mount it as per normal
> under Redhat), it is not recognised under MacOS 10.1. Also, when I try
> to boot from the CD by holding down C during startup, the CD is ignored.
>
> I was wondering if anybody knows the answer to this one? I'm guessing
> that cdrecord burnt the CD using some file extension that MacOS doesn't
> recognise or something?

Did you use mkhybrid? I burn cds on Slackware which are readable on
macOS 9.x but I also have on the linux side netatalk which provides
correct file extensions for the mac and --netatalk option.
Read the mkhybrid man pages and experiment. I was unable to make a boot
disk though theoretically it is possible with the -boot-hfs-file
<fileName> option.

> Cheers
>
> James

Andu