CDRW Support in YDL 2.1

Subject: CDRW Support in YDL 2.1
From: Alan Barker (alan@barkerfamily.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 12:35:21 MST

I'm using an iMac Rev D (333Mhz) and have just installed YDL 2.1 (Kernel
2.4.10-12a). It was reasonably easy to set up my USB FD and USB ZIP100 drives
(devices sda, sdb resoectively). Am I right in thinking that there is no
support for USB CDRW drives. I'm using a LaCie 4x4x6 drive and get no
meaningful messages in /var/log/messages when I plug it in. When I enter
cdrecord -scanbus I get the following line added to /var/log/messages:
modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-97.

Any help or pointers to a readme file appreciated.