Re: iBook2 Date Problem

Subject: Re: iBook2 Date Problem
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 01:48:23 MST

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Axel Rivera wrote:

> I have an ibook2 and I succesfully installed ydl 2.1. Everything is
> running well but sometimes it suddenly changes the date to January 1,
> 1904. I know that date is the date where apple started counting the
> clock but I have no idea how to fix it. Does anyone have any idea how
> to fix this???

That's, at least historically, a classic sign that your nvram battery is
going out. But that would be surprising on such a new machine.

If you set the clock, shutdown, remove the main battery, and unplug the
notebook for a while (10 minutes should be enough) ... does it lose the
time?

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net