Installing YDL 2.1

Subject: Installing YDL 2.1
From: Joshua Schripsema (trite@iname.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 08:37:04 MST

I recently d/l the 2.1 ISO, yes it's more than 18 megs long. I have not
yet tried to install it for a couple of reasons. 1) My CD burner is
FireWire and 2) I only have the OEM version of Toast (as some of you may
know the OEM version does not support burning a true ISO and does not
allow bootable CD burning unless I do a direct CD to CD burn). My
question is this, is there any way to update my current YDL 2.0 system
to 2.1 without borrowing a friends computer to burn the ISO? Can I load
it on a partition of my HD and use that to install it? Can I open the
ISO and just use RPM to update/install all of the packages? Or can I
somehow burn a copy of the ISO on my current computer, somehow fooling
toast to make it bootable or get my firewire burner to burn a copy in
linux if only for one CD?

Thank you for any help you can provide, I know you gurus out there are a
little swamped with other install questions and I appreciate all the
help you have already provided.

Thanks again,
Josh
trite@iname.com