RE: will it work: YellowDog on a Starmax w/ G3 card?

Subject: RE: will it work: YellowDog on a Starmax w/ G3 card?
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 09:41:14 MST

For starters, did you search the archives on "Starmax" and/or "G3
cards?"

<begin rant>
We're all more than willing to help, but generic "Does it work on....."
questions without indicating you've done any research is like asking
"Did the sun come up this morning?" without looking out your window
first.
<end rant>

I've seen quite a few posts where people are successfully running YDL w/
G3 upgrade cards. IIRC, different manufacturer cards may require
different solutions. I myself have YDL 1.2.1 w/ a 2.2.18 kernel I
compiled running on a PPC 9500 w/ a PowerLogix G3/400 card. I don't
remember any special hoops I had to jump thru. My issues are mainly
video and related to the ATI Rage Orion 128 video card.

Pete