Re: Running Tomcat under YDL

Subject: Re: Running Tomcat under YDL
From: Peter M. Bagnall (peter_bagnall@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 10:00:48 MST

I've been playing with Tomcat but on Windows, and have
different problems.

But I may be able to help with that one. The Sun java
command has a switch -mx if memory serves which tells
it how much memory it should claim for the process. I
believe the blackdown one has the same switch. So if
you look through the startup script you should be able
to tweak that. I think there is some comment on the
Tomcat site about this being a potential problem.

I'm going to look at this in more detail soon since
I'm about to install this on x86. If I get any ideas
from that I'll let you know.

Hope that is of some help

Pete

--- Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just tried to get Tomcat v4.0.1 to run under
> YDL using the 1.3.0
> JVM from blackdown.org.
>
> When you run the startup script Tomcat dies
> immediately with an
> OutOfMemoryError. Having trawled the Tomcat lists I
> did see a comment
> that the blackdown.org JVM has default memory sizes
> very different to
> the Sun version, but nowhere could I find what sizes
> I should be using.
>
> Has anyone got Tomcat to run under a LinuxPPC v2.4.x
> kernel? If anyone
> could give me a step by step guide of what settings
> I should change I
> would be very grateful.
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --
> minfrin@sharp.fm "There's a moon
> over Bourbon Street
> tonight..."

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature
name=smime.p7s