Re: will it work: YellowDog on a Starmax w/ G3 card?

Subject: Re: will it work: YellowDog on a Starmax w/ G3 card?
From: __________ (thruzero@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 11:28:14 MST

On 11/5/01 8:41 AM, "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@home.com> wrote:

> For starters, did you search the archives on "Starmax" and/or "G3
> cards?"
>
> <begin rant>
> We're all more than willing to help, but generic "Does it work on....."
> questions without indicating you've done any research is like asking
> "Did the sun come up this morning?" without looking out your window
> first.
> <end rant>

I did look all over, well, via google, it at least appeared I was getting
results from the archives though. I did find success with G3/G4 cards, but
only one post from 1999 that went unanswered asking about the same question
as mine but with a Sonnet L2 card for a Starmax, Since the G3 cards for the
Starmax are L2 cards, and a sort of workaround upgrade, I suspect there
*could* be problems?
I probably could've done a little more hunting before asking... but at the
same time I was only hoping for a yes/no answer to even see if I should
pursue this endevour at all.
ok, writing this helped me think of more to search for that's not "Starmax"
related.... so " L2 + Linux + G3 " is yeilding some useful results on
google... and it looks like there are some problems.
thanks,
phil