What's the deal with bootstrap (can't find YDL to boot now)?

Subject: What's the deal with bootstrap (can't find YDL to boot now)?
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 14:11:47 MST

Went through a nice clean install of YDL2.1 (downloaded from the
McGill site ... thanks!) and configured.

As instructed in the installer, I created a 10MB YDL boot partition,
which the installer then constructed at the end of my install. I told
the boot partition config window I wanted my default boot to be Mac
OS 9.

When I rebooted, there seemed to be no option for YDL to boot. When I
then restarted the Mac OS and went to Open Firmware, I saw only the
OS9 and OS X partitions available for boot, no YDL boot option.

 From what I could tell, the bootstrap partition is an HFS volume, but
it's not on my desktop, either.

How do I boot into YDL?

Thanks

-ms

--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis -- Community Relations & website author