Re: YDL 2.1 ipchains not working: FIXED

Subject: Re: YDL 2.1 ipchains not working: FIXED
From: Ronald Hale-Evans (rwhe@ludism.org)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 15:00:01 MST

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 11:12:28PM -0500, nathan r. hruby wrote:
> Err.. I'm not a 2.4 junkie (the Vm problems have made me shy away from
> using the 2.4x series.. ) but I think there's a module that allows ipmasq
> and ipchains rules to be interperted by the iptables userspace tools and
> netfilter kernel modules, granted you don't get the benifit of netfileter
> / iptables, but hey, you don't have to rewrite your firewall rules..
>
> Look in the IPTABLES Howto: http://netfilter.samba.org/
>
> Please post back what you find.. I'd be interested and have to implement a
> 2.4 based box in the next month.

Well, just before I start my ipchains setup script in /etc/init.d/network,
I added the following line:

  /sbin/insmod ipchains

Works great. You probably need to have the ipchains RPM installed
from the 2.1 distribution to do this.

Thanks, Nathan!

Ron H-E

--
         Ron Hale-Evans ... rwhe@ludism.org & rwhe@apocalypse.org
           Center for Ludic Synergy, Seattle Cosmic Game Night,