Re: USB floppy support?

Subject: Re: USB floppy support?
From: Chip Witt (chip.witt@westwave.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 18:18:55 MST

Ron,

Your USB floppy will appear as a SCSI device (SCSI emulation). When I plug mine
in, it shows up as /dev/sda. In order to use it easily, I added a line to my
/etc/fstab file (su to root or you cannot make changes). The line looks like
this:

/dev/sda /mnt/floppy auto noauto,rw,user 0 0

/mnt/floppy should already exist, but it may be a good idea to make sure.

You should be able pop a floppy in the drive and type:

mount /mnt/floppy
cd /mnt/floppy
ls

...and see the contents of your floppy disk.

CW