ppp anyone?

Subject: ppp anyone?
From: Scott Frankel (leknarf@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 22:11:26 MST

I'm looking for suggestions for getting ppp to work in my recent build of a
2.4 kernel.

In the .config file I've set
    CONFIG_PPP=y
I've also set
    CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=y
    CONFIG_PPP_SYNC_TTY=y
    CONFIG_PPP_DEFLATE=y

When I try to launch the ppp daemon as root, I get this err msg:

    /usr/sbin/pppd: This system lacks kernel support for PPP. This could be
    because
    the PPP kernel module could not be loaded, or because PPP was not
    included in the kernel configuration. If PPP was included as a
    module, try `/sbin/modprobe -v ppp'. If that fails, check t

modprobe fails to locate module ppp.

When I downgrade to the stock 2.2 kernel that came with YDL2.0, ppp works
just fine.

Any suggestions? I'm running out of ideas and I don't want to just start
typing harder ;)

Thanks
Scott