Re: nvidia geforce2 shifting my screen around

Subject: Re: nvidia geforce2 shifting my screen around
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 14:50:37 MST

At 9:39 PM +0100 11/6/01, dab wrote:

>now fair enough, i get 16bpp in X with no hassle, _except_
>the whole screen is shifted to the left by 2 inches. note that this
>was the case from the very beginning, even before i ever ran
>X, hell, even through installation (but i didn't take it
>seriously then.) I take it it must still be the graphics card,
>as it seems unlikely you are all happily discussing dvds while staring
>at 2in of black and groping for icons off the left of your screen :)

Adjust your monitor's horizontal position setting. Different
operating systems will frequently produce different video signal
timings even at the same resolution, resulting in problems such as
your shifted image.

If you can't adjust the monitor (which could be the case if you're
using an Apple monitor), try using the fbset command to tweak image
timing:

fbset -move right

(it also supports left, up, and down)

--